Hydratron 2-Stage Double Acting Air Driven Gas Booster
is a reciprocating, positive displacement gas pump with a directly coupled, integral linear reciprocating air motor, designed to generate High-Pressure Gas output.
With double-acting models, the pressure increase is made possible by means of the area ratio between the larger diameter air drive piston directly connected to two smaller diameter gas pistons having differing diameters to each other. The reciprocating action of the gas booster draws gas at low pressure into the booster then displaces the gas at a higher pressure output from the booster into a closed system.
On 2-Stage Double Acting models, the inlet gas pressure is used to provide additional energy allowing lower inlet pressures, higher output pressures and higher flowrates to be achieved. When using a 2-Stage Double Acting Gas Booster, care must be taken to ensure that the outlet pressure remains lower than the maximum supply pressure multiplied by the combined area ratio of the 2 Gas pistons since this can cause “interstage stall”. To avoid this the inlet gas pressure can simply be reduced.
The Two-Stage Double Acting Gas Booster Power Unit can be provided as a pump only system.
2-STAGE DOUBLE ACTING GAS BOOSTER POWER UNIT KEY FEATURES
Hydratron Double Acting Air Driven Gas Boosters offer many desirable features:
- Ability to stall at a predetermined pressure and hold this fixed pressure without consuming power or generating heat.
- No risk of flame or spark.
- Infinitely variable speed/output flowrate control.
- Infinitely variable output pressure control.
- Easy to apply automatic controls.
- Standard models are suitable for Air, Nitrogen & Helium. Design options are available for more hazardous gases.
- No limit or adverse effects in continuous stop/start applications.
- Proven reliability, easy to maintain and robust.
2-STAGE DOUBLE ACTING GAS BOOSTER POWER UNIT SPECIFICATIONS
- Air filter, lubricator, pressure regulator, pressure gauge & speed control valve
- 6” (150mm) diameter panel mounted outlet pressure gauge
- Pressure release valve
- All interconnecting pipework & fittings
- Robust Stainless Steel Frame as standard
- Offshore specification available
- Stroke Counter
- Outlet Pressure Isolation
- On board chart recorder
- Wheels / castors
2-STAGE DOUBLE ACTING GAS BOOSTER POWER UNIT MODELS & PERFORMANCE
|Model||Max Output Pressure @ 100 psi (7bar) Air Drive||Displacement/Cycle||Max Compression Ratio||Supply Pressure to Achieve
Max Output Pressure
|Actual Output Pressure (Stall Condition)||Data Sheet|