Double Acting (DA) Gas Booster
A reciprocating, positive displacement gas pump with a directly coupled, integral linear reciprocating air motor
The Hydratron Double Acting Air Driven Gas Booster is a reciprocating, positive displacement gas pump with a directly coupled, integral linear reciprocating air motor, designed to generate high pressure gas output. With double acting models the pressure increase is made possible by means of the area ratio between the larger diameter air drive piston directly connected to two smaller diameter gas pistons having the same diameter as each other. The reciprocating action of the gas booster draws gas at low pressure into the booster then displaces the gas at a higher pressure output from the booster into a closed system. On double acting models the inlet gas pressure is used to provide additional energy allowing greater output pressures and higher flowrates to be achieved. All Models can easily be incorporated into easy to operate Standard System gas power/transfer units.
Hydratron Double Acting Air Driven Gas Boosters offer many desirable features:
- Ability to stall at a predetermined pressure and hold this fixed pressure without consuming power or generating heat.
- Energy saving mechanism using the inlet Gas pressure to assist the air drive motor.
- No risk of flame or spark.
- Infinitely variable speed/output flowrate control.
- Infinitely variable output pressure control.
- Easy to apply automatic controls.
- Standard models are suitable for Air, Nitrogen & Helium. Design options are available for more hazardous gases.
- No limit or adverse effects in continuous stop/start applications.
- Proven reliability, easy to maintain and robust.
Mainly Anodized Aluminium, Stainless Steel and nitrile seals.
Aluminium Bronze, Stainless Steel and Nitrile seals are standard.
|Model||Max Output Pressure|
@ 100 psi (7bar) Air Drive
|Max Compression Ratio||Supply Pressure to Achieve Max Output Pressure||Actual Output Pressure (Stall Condition)|
|Model Number||Inlet Pressure||Outlet Pressure||Flow|